When: Saturday, October 27, 2012 – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Cost: $20 suggested donation
Where: Great Wave Zen Sangha, 608 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington, MI 49431
This workshop, open to beginners and experienced practitioners alike, will provide participants with a conceptual and experiential foundation for effective Zen Buddhist practice. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about:
– fundamental Buddhist teachings;
– the three aims of Zen practice;
– the three training paths and 8 forms of practice at Great Wave;
– meditation postures and techniques;
– the role of mindfulness practice;
– the significance of practicing with a teacher;
– work practice; and
– scriptural recitation practice.
Participants will have opportunities for reflective journaling, private instruction by Gendo Sensei and group discussion/Q and A.
As seating is limited, we ask that participants complete the Intro to Zen Workshop registration form by no later than October 25.
(Members of Great Wave Zen Sangha may complete the Members Intro to Zen registration form.)